I wanted to take a minute to share a few of my favorite summer “things”. These are not just clothing items or accessories, but things that I rely heavily on in the summer months. I don’t share too many products in my blog, but sometimes feel that I want to since they make me happy, and may make you as well!
- A summer-weight kimono robe that brings glamour to my not-so-glamourous mornings with four boys. Like this KIM+ONO Sakura Kimono Robe.
- Chunky woven bangles that are interesting yet versatile. Like the circle bangles you often see me wearing from from Cult Gaia.
- The perfect matte orange lipstick that doesn’t dry your lips out. One of my faves is MAC Powder Kiss in Style Shocked.
- The WetBrush Original Detangler works better than ANY brush or comb I have ever used for detangling, especially post-pool or lake. And… it’s a steal!
- Low-sugar cocktails like ones made with club soda and a flavored vodka are my go-to summer drink! Check out the new and delicious Ketel One Botanicals,
- Lightweight layering tanks that I can smoothly tuck into my comfy midi skirts. Like these basic tanks from GAP factory.
- An easy wrap skirt that I can throw on and look put together! Like this GAP Wrap Patch Pocket Skirt.
- Oversized round sunnies are essential for hiding my tired, too-many-late-nights eyes. I love these COSMOs by DIFF Charitable Eyewear.
- A summer clutch that matches just about every one of my going out outfits! Like this J. McGlaughlin Burnt Bamboo Clutch.
- Nude-colored sandals that are flattering, stylish and comfortable. Like these Sam Edelman Beckie Woven Slides, found in link or at Violet’s of Saratoga locally!
- This frizz-fighting serum has changed my life (and texture) and prevented me from having to spend the time and money on keratin treatments. I stay frizz-free with TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Heat Activated Treatment .
- An interesting day-to-night straw or basket bag, like this one from MANGO. As you may have noticed from my IG feed, I use mine ALL the time in the summer months.
- Summertime statement earrings. I love to throw my hair back and liven up a basic outfit with something BIG AND BOLD. Like these Collette Flower Earrings by Jennifer Behr.
- A lightweight off-the-shoulder top tends to be my summer blouse of choice, and pairs wonderfully with pencil skirts or jeans! Like this BCBG off-the-shoulder striped top.
- A fabulous summer scent that you can’t wait to spray! Like my current fave, Tom Ford Fleur De Portofino at Saks Fifth Avenue.
- The perfect summer nail color needs only one coat and “cleans things up” when I haven’t had a mani in a while. I’ve been using Essie “Skinny Dip” from Amazon since they launched the color.
- Bravo Swimsuit Pads help provide a bathing suit boobie boost for those of us who need it. Some women choose surgery. I choose to sit for hours and sew pads into my swimsuits. Many swimsuits have pockets for such pads. (Mine don’t).
- A versatile straw hat allows me to leave the house with out confronting the hair issue… a huge time saver! Like this Frye Harness Fedora from Anthropologie,
- Illuminating body lotion that highlights but doesn’t “glitter”. I’m currently loving OLAY Quench Shimmer.
- A breezy t-shirt midi dress is perfect with slides and a crossbody on a hot summer day! I’ve been wearing them all summer, like this affordable one from H&M .
If you try something and love (or DON’T), please let me know! I always love feedback! As for now, enjoy the sunshine and the recommendations.