I wanted to take a minute to share a few of my favorite summer “things”. These are not just clothing items or accessories, but things that I rely heavily on in the summer months. I don’t share too many products in my blog, but sometimes feel that I want to since they make me happy, and may make you as well!
- A summer-weight kimono robe that brings glamour to my not-so-glamourous mornings with four boys. Like this KIM+ONO Sakura Kimono Robe.
- Chunky woven bangles that are interesting yet versatile. Like the circle bangles you often see me wearing from from Cult Gaia.
- The perfect matte orange lipstick that doesn’t dry your lips out. One of my faves is MAC Powder Kiss in Style Shocked.
- The WetBrush Original Detangler works better than ANY brush or comb I have ever used for detangling, especially post-pool or lake. And… it’s a steal!
- Low-sugar cocktails like ones made with club soda and a flavored vodka are my go-to summer drink! Check out the new and delicious Ketel One Botanicals,
- Lightweight layering tanks that I can smoothly tuck into my comfy midi skirts. Like these basic tanks from GAP factory.
- An easy wrap skirt that I can throw on and look put together! Like this GAP Wrap Patch Pocket Skirt.
- Oversized round sunnies are essential for hiding my tired, too-many-late-nights eyes. I love these COSMOs by DIFF Charitable Eyewear.
- A summer clutch that matches just about every one of my going out outfits! Like this J. McGlaughlin Burnt Bamboo Clutch.
- Nude-colored sandals that are flattering, stylish and comfortable. Like these Sam Edelman Beckie Woven Slides, found in link or at Violet’s of Saratoga locally!
- This frizz-fighting serum has changed my life (and texture) and prevented me from having to spend the time and money on keratin treatments. I stay frizz-free with TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Heat Activated Treatment .
- An interesting day-to-night straw or basket bag, like this one from MANGO. As you may have noticed from my IG feed, I use mine ALL the time in the summer months.
- Summertime statement earrings. I love to throw my hair back and liven up a basic outfit with something BIG AND BOLD. Like these Collette Flower Earrings by Jennifer Behr.
- A lightweight off-the-shoulder top tends to be my summer blouse of choice, and pairs wonderfully with pencil skirts or jeans! Like this BCBG off-the-shoulder striped top.
- A fabulous summer scent that you can’t wait to spray! Like my current fave, Tom Ford Fleur De Portofino at Saks Fifth Avenue.
- The perfect summer nail color needs only one coat and “cleans things up” when I haven’t had a mani in a while. I’ve been using Essie “Skinny Dip” from Amazon since they launched the color.
- Bravo Swimsuit Pads help provide a bathing suit boobie boost for those of us who need it. Some women choose surgery. I choose to sit for hours and sew pads into my swimsuits. Many swimsuits have pockets for such pads. (Mine don’t).
- A versatile straw hat allows me to leave the house with out confronting the hair issue… a huge time saver! Like this Frye Harness Fedora from Anthropologie,
- Illuminating body lotion that highlights but doesn’t “glitter”. I’m currently loving OLAY Quench Shimmer.
- A breezy t-shirt midi dress is perfect with slides and a crossbody on a hot summer day! I’ve been wearing them all summer, like this affordable one from H&M .
If you try something and love (or DON’T), please let me know! I always love feedback! As for now, enjoy the sunshine and the recommendations.
2 Replies to “Summer Survival Kit”
As always, your style advice is spot on! I’ve just ordered the anti frizz serum because I can’t handle any more treatments to my hair.
Enjoy the dog days of summer with your boys. We are headed to Sea Island Friday and Mike will be headed your way from there next Wednesday.
So glad! Have a great trip and we look forward to seeing Mike soon! Xoxo