Several years ago, these things called jumpsuits hit the style scene, and I’ve been a fan since. Really? A grown adult in a onesie? But only those tiny teenage girls can pull them off, right? ABSOLUTELY NOT! Fortunately, brands have been expanding their now stand- alone jumpsuit section to include something for all shapes, styles and occasions.
However… some are easier to wear than others. Here are a few things to remember when choosing a jumpsuit. Fabrics with a bit of stretch give you a greater chance of finding a perfect fit off-the-rack. A straight or wide leg, hemmed to the floor, gives you your longest, leanest look. When choosing a cropped design, avoid super-wide legs or stiff fabrics. More casual jumpsuits and boiler suits can be worn a bit roomier and still look great.
There are truly jumpsuits for every occasion. Whether you’re looking for a more formal option for a wedding or simply one to bounce around town in… the options are endless. Below are my absolute favorite jumpsuits available right now, with many super-flattering designs. Hopefully my picks can help take some of the work out of finding the right one for you. As always, click links below pics for details about the jumpsuit.
- Boden Tillie Jumpsuit
- Madewell Denim Slim Coverall Jumpsuit
- ZARA Gathered Jumpsuit with Straps
- GAP Cap Sleeve V-Neck Linen Jumpsuit
- MANGO Long Linen Blend Red Jumpsuit
- Lucky Striped Boilersuit
- Banana Republic Linen-Blend Button Up Jumpsuit
- LandsEnd Denim Jumpsuit
- Express Button-Front Utility Jumpsuit
- The Reformation Camille Jumpsuit
- Lilly Pulitzer Janelle Embellished Jumpsuit or available locally at The Pink Paddock
- DVF Terria Silk Jersey Wrap Jumpsuit
- RACHEL Rachel Roy (Macy’s) Tie Front Wrap Jumpsuit
- Trina Turk Antilla Jumpsuit, available locally at The Pink Paddock
- BCBG (Bloomingdales) One-Shoulder Ruffle Jumpsuit
- MANGO Leaf Jumpsuit
- ZARA Red Pleated Jumpsuit
I may have made it easier to choose a jumpsuit, but as for learning how to go to the bathroom in it… well, you’re on your own. Practice makes perfect. Let’s leave it at that.