I’ll be honest with you… I’ve never been a jeans type of girl. For years I have found them so difficult to fit on my unique shape (thick thighs + flat arse). Years of experience jeans shopping has made it slightly easier, but it’s still a struggle for me, and always will be.
Fortunately, between the internet and some great shops in town (so much easier to bring a “pile” into the dressing room and get to work), we all have access to just about any style, fit, size, wash and price point. I continue to find “pencil” jeans tough, so I gladly welcome this season’s “roomier” fits, including boyfriend jeans and overalls. Below are some of my favorite jeans this spring, in a variety of styles and price points. Be sure to click on links below if something strikes your fancy… many have a variety of colors and/or washes available!
Let’s start with a personal favorite : the “boyfriend” jean. These are generally a more relaxed fit, often worn cuffed and with a white tee or button down and sneaks.
- Eddie Bauer Slim Leg Boyfriend Jeans
- AG Ex-Boyfriend Slim Jean
- Citizens of Humanity Emerson Slim Fit Boyfriend
- GAP High-rise Best Girlfriend Jean
- Kut from the Kloth (Macy’s) Catherine Boyfriend Jean
I’m thrilled that long and lean flares and wide legs are back. Pair these often high-waisted styles with a super high (yet super comfy) wedge sandal for legs a mile high!
- Boden Helston Sailor Jean
- AE Wide Leg Jean
- JCrew Wide Leg Trouser Jean
- 7For All Mankind Slim Illusion Dojo
- HUDSON Jeans Holly High Rise Flare
“Demi boots” and crops are ALL over this season, and are look SUPER cool! Personally, I find these very difficult to wear (any cropped pant tends to shorten you). But, as I always say, if you try them and love them… then get them! Pair them with sneaks, slides or heels for a variety of chic looks!
- Anthropologie Paige Nellie High Rise Culotte Jeans
- JCrew Demi Boot Cut Jean With Seam
- Levi’s (Free People) Mile High Cropped Flare
- The Reformation (Nordstrom) Fawcett High Waist Crop
- Madewell Cali Demi Boot Jean
Last, and surely not least, overalls! NEVER in my life did I think I’d ever buy a pair of overalls again. Last spring, I walked into a Lucky store, tried them and decided that they were the easiest, comfiest “denim” I ever remember wearing. I’ve bought two more pairs since then (even though my husband sings Come on Eileen EVERY time I wear them). Go ahead… give them a try. You never know! Style with a turtleneck and loafers, or try a crop top / fitted white tee and flip-flops for a more casual look!
- Universal Thread (Target) Wide Leg Overall
- Topshop Black Slim Leg Dungarees
- Abercrombie & Fitch Twill Camo Overall
- Lucky Jeans White Boyfriend Overall
- Free People Boyfriend Overall
With all these option this spring, you’re bound to find something that fits both you and your lifestyle. Happy spring jeans shopping! Even though it will still be another two months until winter boots are OFFICIALLY stored, here in upstate NY.