There are a few items in my summer wardrobe that I just can’t live without. You’ve likely seen many similar things on my Instagram feed. I thought I’d share some of my personal essentials, along with some links to items available today.
- “Wear-anywhere” shirtdress. I got this J.Crew one last spring and was thrilled to see several new colors and prints just released! I love the long, wide tie that helps to cinch the waist. J.Crew Striped Shirtdress
- A great, basic cover-up. I love the adjustable shoulder ties and feminine details of this one by J.Crew. J.Crew Tie Shoulder Dress with Embroidery
- A versatile pair of sunnies. I’m currently loving big, round, retro designs and LeSpecs always offers cool options at reasonable prices. LeSpecs “Last Dance” Sunglasses
- A large, woven bag. I love the size and shape of this bag by Anthropologie. Fill it for a day at the beach or accessorize a sweet sundress for a night event! Anthropolgie “What a Catch” Tote Bag
- A white, cotton, off-the-shoulder top. As you may have noticed from my IG feed, I am riding this off-the-shoulder trend as long as I possibly can. And, I always love the look of crisp, white cotton in summertime. Show me your MUMU (Bloomingdales) Off-the-Shoulder Top
- A classic navy pencil skirt. I just love Boden’s pencil skirts. They are well-made, most have stretch and always include some interesting details, like this exposed zipper and grosgrain pull. Boden Hampshire Navy Ponte Skirt
- A “feels like nothing” pair of pjs. Check out these beautiful ones by LAKE Pajamas. You’ll fall in love with the sweet stripes and feminine, classic designs. LAKE Pajamas “Island Summer Dress”
- A neutral block heel that goes from sundress to cocktail dress. I love these super-versatile suede Oatmeal “Yaro” heels by Sam Edelman. Similar “Yaros” available locally at Violet’s of Saratoga. Sam Edelman Perfect Neutral Block Heel
- A “go-to” summer scent. I love Tom Ford’s perfumes, and Costa Azzurra is absolutely heavenly. It will immediately transport you to white sands and blue waters. Tom Ford (Sephora) Costa Azzurra
- A fabulous sun hat. I can go days without doing my hair in the summer, thanks to this essential accessory. I’m obsessed with this hat shown by Eric Javits. A more practical, affordable option is linked here. Eric Javits (Neiman Marcus) Giant Floppy Sun Hat in Peanut
- A lightweight, button-down casual dress. I love the tie (helps to cinch your waist) and sleeve (able to wear a normal bra) on this dress by MANGO. There are lots of button-down dresses out this summer, all which easily go from day to night. MANGO Bow Cotton Dress
- The easiest AND comfiest of summer dresses: a soft, midi tee-shirt dress. Pair with some slides, sunnies, and a small cross-body bag… and you’re ready to go! Madewell Horizon Midi Tee Shirt Dress
Stay cool in this August heat and remember… there’s ALWAYS air conditioning in retail shops. (wink wink).